Sunday, February 19, 2012

Low Carb Sausage, Egg, Cheese Biscuit Sandwich

You Can’t Get These at MickeyDs!


Low Carb Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
with Sauteed Spinach & Garlic and Strawberries
 I promised to show you a breakfast sandwich fit for royalty and a promise is a promise! I used the recipe for Low Carb Biscuits to make one of the most jonesalicious breakfasts, ever. There I go with the “exaggerations” again…

In the case of the Low Carb Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit, it’s not a specious claim! I seriously crave these sandwiches and will eat them at any meal. They’re not just for breakfast anymore! Haha! Seriously, they’re quick, easy,
low cal, low carb, gluten free, soy free – well there I go again with all the talk of freedom, too!
I better be careful or the food police will slap me in jail, if the editor police don’t get me first for excessive use of superlatives, exaggeration and exclamations!

I often serve these hearty breakfast sandwiches with a berry or two and a heaping helping of my sautéed spinach in olive oil and fresh garlic. Spinach makes an almost perfect breakfast veggie.


The "Boys" - Schylling, Buddy, Kevin, Tony, their dog,
Wee Wee, and Wee Wee's baby, Skeeter, ready for
St. Paddy's Day. Shhh, they didn't get the memo that
I no longer drink, and have already poured a wee dram
of the Bushmills for us! (They're so sweet like that!)
 Of course Denny and the boys (remember our sock monkey sons?) disagree. They frequently tell me that spinach is not a breakfast food…but what do they know? They are monkeys. Made of socks.

Just one meal provides incredible nutrition: over 100% of the RDA for Vitamin A alone! But don’t get me started on Nerd talk. The bottom line is that these low carb breakfast biscuits TASTE great and are filling and satisfying. They hold your hunger at bay for hours. And when I’m dieting, which is oh….um, ALWAYS - staying full and satisfied and not feeling deprived makes the difference between winning and losing.



I would like to thank the Low Carb Breakfast Biscuit
for putting the FUN back in breakfast.
Maybe you don't remember, but I'm a "habitual" eater. That means the "habit" of eating is as important to me as the taste of the food itself. I want the FUN in FUN-ctional! And I want it yesterday.

I want to pick up my breakfast biscuit sandwich! I want to pick up a slice of pizza or eat a hamburger the way any skinny person in America eats it. I don't want to use a knife and fork for something God intended me to eat with the utensils he sent me here with - my two hands!

The Low Carb Biscuit recipe makes this breakfast sammy possible. Thank you again, Dottie, for inspiring that recipe and giving us the foundations for such a FUN-ctional food!

This low carb breakfast delight is great even when you use pre-made turkey breakfast sausage. It provides a good nutritional bargain. If you go the extra mile and make the low carb sausage, egg and cheese biscuits with my homemade sausage, then that’s even better. I will give you the recipe for the homemade turkey sausage, soon. I promise!

In the meantime, don’t mess around. Make a big breakfast today – and all for under 400calories too!


Low Carb Sausage, Egg, Cheese Breakfast Biscuit

Serving Size – 1 Breakfast Sandwich
5 Minutes
Cooking Time – 10 Minutes
Difficulty – Easy

Prep Time –

Ingredients
1 Low Carb Biscuit (see recipe)
1 patty Turkey Pan Sausage, pre-cooked
1 Large Egg
½ oz Cheddar Cheese
½ tsp Olive Oil




Directions
Split biscuit and toast, cut side down, in toaster or conventional oven.


Low Carb Sausage, Egg and Cheese
Biscuit Ingredients

Brown turkey sausage patty in small sauté pan. Remove sausage from pan and reserve.

Once toasted on the outside, flip biscuit over and top one of the biscuit halves with ½ ounce cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice. Place browned turkey sausage on the top of the other biscuit half and once more toast in the toaster oven or conventional oven until cheese is melted.



In small sauté pan, add olive oil and heat to medium high. Crack egg, breaking egg yolk, and fry egg until cooked through (about 2 minutes per side).


Remove egg from pan and place on top of sausage patty. Place second half of biscuit on top of egg and enjoy!








SusieT's Notes:
I actually prefer this low carb sausage, egg, cheese biscuit to those sandwiches you score in a drive-thru. It not only tastes better, but it’s less greasy feeling, too.



Here’s how I calculated the numbers for breakfast:
1 Sausage, Egg, Cheese Biscuit
6oz Baby Spinach, raw
1 clove Garlic, sliced
½ tsp Olive Oil
1 XL Strawberry, raw


When I have a breakfast like this, lunch becomes a very small affair! If you don’t have the oat fiber, you can sub out for almond flour or other nut meals/flours. You can even use whole wheat pastry flour or oat flour made from ground-up rolled oats. Whatever is in your pantry!

Nutritional Information


Nutritional Label – Single Serving



















Nutritional Label – Single Serving Breakfast (See above for breakfast elements.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Comments keep us going! Leave your thoughts, please? XOXO!